The 31-year-old has never struck me as a woman with a whole lot to say, but she gives a surprisingly interesting interview. Especially with some of the things she has to say about the blatant racism and colourism she faces in Hollywood.
Read her interview highlights and see her Nylon magazine photos, below.
- Zoe on moving from NYC to the Dominican Republic at age 9: “We went from this urban life to running around barefoot in the countryside and being taught how to gut fish. We were learning how to climb coconut trees – let me tell you, they are fucking dangerous!… I would do my homework in guava and mango trees.”
- On learning dance as a child: “That was the beginning of a beautiful fucking romance. That was my Xanax, let me tell you… it put all my demons in order.”
- On colourism in Hollywood: “When they say ‘We want to go white,’ they have a very smooth way of saying it, and the recent one is the word traditional. [I’ve heard] ‘Oh, you know, you’re just not what we were looking for, your skin is a little darker.’ Compared to what?! My skin is just my skin. It’s dark if you compare it to someone who’s lighter.”
- On meeting James Cameron: “I’m thinking he probably imagined some Amazonian girl [for Neytiri]. I had really long hair at the time wearing really little sh-t with like, a bow and arrow. I had no idea she was blue and nine feet tall. But for some reason, he was like, ‘You look so much like her!’”
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Farrah Abraham Confirms Contrived Adult Movie Landed Her A Reality Show
- Kimmode: ‘My Pregnancy Lips Are Outta Control’
- Nikki Sixx Needs To Get The F**k Off Kimmode’s Twitter, Honestly
- Beyonce Is Really Not Helping Herself Here
- Shia LaBeouf Oversold The Nymphomaniac Movie’s Sex Scenes
- The Katie Holmes Wet T-Shirt Photos You Didn’t Ask For