Winona Ryder, whose name I’m always compelled to shorten to ‘Wino’ before realising that Crack The Magic Beehive already owns rights to that nickname, is also in the January 2011 issue of Elle US magazine (a slideshow and more at those links). This is the same issue for which Sarah Jessica Parker covers. Wino II, 39, plays a washed-up ballerina in Black Swan, which I totally didn’t realise even when editing photos of her at the premiere and wondering ‘Why is Wino II there?’ Wino II discusses her self-imposed dry-spell from acting, wanting children, and her troubles finding fellow winos who love her for the right reasons.
- On the motives for her break from acting, which are, oddly, the same reasons given by Reese Witherspoon in EW: ‘If I don’t relate to the [project], even if it’s something that I should do, it’s hard for me to say yes,’ she said. ‘I’m the type who’d rather not work than work on something I’m not into. I’ve done that a couple of times, and I feel like I can totally see it in my performance.’
- On wanting kids some day, but having trouble finding genuine men: ‘I remember being at this bar called Tosca in San Francisco, and I met this guy one night,’ she said. ‘He was really cute, and we were talking, and then, like, he just said something about how he had always had a crush on me. And I was suddenly mistrustful about why he was talking to me. I wanted to be just a normal girl flirting with a normal guy. It’s like you meet people, and they know this stuff about you. It’s why you want to meet somebody who’s in the same business, only because they understand more. But you don’t necessarily want to be with another actor.’
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Farrah Abraham Mocking Catelynn Lowell’s Weight
- WTF?! Kimmode Is Still Torturing Her Feet
- Lindsay Lohan Remembers How Delicious Food Is Now Her Adderall’s Been Taken Away
- Falkor: Flowers Make Up For That Time I Slept With Your Husband, Right?
- Princess Kanye Is Going To Run Away From Home The Second The Baby Is Born
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Want To Be On Kris Jenner’s Talk Show?