I’ll start by clarifying for anyone who’s become skeptical about Katie Holmes leaking information to the media and staging photos by walking out the front door of a building selecting for its security in the form of a private underground garage, Lainey Gossip does a great job of explaining why Holmes would make the choice as a mother to expose Suri Cruise, 6, to increased tabloid scrutiny. I happen to concur. I start there so that you know how much Tom Cruise’s lawyer, Bert Fields, misses the point with the world’s most terse statement. Fields said, which I didn’t believe until I checked the receipts on the BBC: ‘Tactically we can’t say where Tom will file a divorce case and if he’ll be seeking joint custody of Suri. We are letting ‘the other side’ (Katie and her team), play the media until they wear everyone out and then we’ll have something to say. It’s not Tom’s style to do this publicly. He is really sad about what’s happening.’ That’s the real rebuttal. From Cruise’s actual lawyer. Yep. That’s in response to Holmes’ publicity play. A play that was necesarry so the public knew what she was up against; moreover, so she could not be silenced like Nicole Kidman.
Note: there are a bunch more detailed updates on the divorce over HERE.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Jennifer Lopez: Still Slumming & Trying Too Hard
- Here’s Megan Fox and a Naked Ninja Turtle
- January Jones Will Never Give Up The Receipts
- Lindsay Lohan Is Falling Apart in Rehab Without Drugs To Keep Her Together
- Khloe Kardashian Wrote An Open Letter To The Internet About Kim Kardashian
- Jay-Z Denies Leaving A Baby In Beyonce