Susan Boyle has been hospitalized after an emotional breakdown over the weekend. The hospitalization was a voluntary one, as the singer and her Britain’s Got Talent handlers were worried about how she was coping after all the stress from losing the show to Diversity (an all boy dance troupe).
“Police were called to doctors assessing a woman under the Mental Health Act. The woman was taken voluntarily by ambulance to a clinic. At the request of doctors, police accompanied the ambulance.” a Boyle spokesperson said in a statement.
On Monday, judge Piers Morgan [...] said she is “fine”. ”She had too long to wait between the audition show and the final, and the pressure just builds and builds and builds. It’s been crazy, she has gone from anonymity to being the most-downloaded woman in history.” (via US Weekly)
Boyle’s rise to fame has been a crazy one, which saw her fly from being a single woman who spent too much time at home alone with her cats, to the most downloaded woman ever/ one of the most watched people on YouTube. That would be enough to push anybody over the edge. I’ve no idea what that kind of fame feels like, all I know is the feeling of having the single best rack of anyone who peruses this site and that feels pretty awesome. But that kind of sudden and all consuming adoration in the space of around 24 hours must have been hard for the clearly frail Scott.
Image credit to Splash News.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Farrah Abraham Mocking Catelynn Lowell’s Weight
- WTF?! Kimmode Is Still Torturing Her Feet
- Lindsay Lohan Remembers How Delicious Food Is Now Her Adderall’s Been Taken Away
- Falkor: Flowers Make Up For That Time I Slept With Your Husband, Right?
- Princess Kanye Is Going To Run Away From Home The Second The Baby Is Born
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Want To Be On Kris Jenner’s Talk Show?