Lindsay Lohan is planning to sue over the sale of the tape on which she’s allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace. I covered yesterday how the item was supposedly stolen from a store, Kamofie & Company, the owners of which decided to torpedo the case against the actress. Despite knowing the prosecution and defense in the theft case against Lohan disapproved, the store owners decided to go ahead with the sale and raise tens of thousands of dollars that they claimed went towards covering expenses caused by the scandal. This even though they called anyone else in possession of a copy, asking they show no one else and not sell their personal copy so the store’s ‘bidding war’ could earn them the most money. The surveillance tape is shown below; it’s a preview from Entertainment Tonight, who brokered the rights to usage through Associated Press who’ve been handling distribution rights. For one week’s exclusive usage, the store made $40,000; with the end of the week, the store will be able to make more money for non-exclusive use. The tape doesn’t show that much and neither did the stills which proceeded it. Anyhow, TMZ reports Lohan’s going to sue Kamofie & Company for profiting off her name/ likeness with the sale of the below and its stills. Lohan claims the store had no right to profit from the sale of the tape because she never gave them the right to use her image for profit. It’s not certain at this point when she’s going to file, but she met with lawyers today.
Surveillance video autoplays and may play audio after around 38 seconds.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Amanda Bynes Was Arrested For Doing Weed, Taken For Psychiatric Evaluation
- Liam Hemsworth Left His Mistress Alone Long Enough to Make Out with His Fiancee
- LeAnn Rimes Decided To Sleep With A Married Man And ‘Ask God For Forgiveness’ After the Fact
- January Jones Is Still Holding Out On Us
- Lindsay Lohan Tried To Have Her Dealer Deliver Drugs To Betty Ford
- Princess Kanye Skipped Town The Second Kimmode Arrived