There are so many amazing quotes about Shia LaBeouf basically turning into Joaquin Phoenix when the latter lost his mind and got all fat and weird and started doing mindless interviews only to reveal it was method acting in real life that we weren’t smart enough to get. LaBeouf will perform non-simulated penetrative sex scenes for Lars Von Trier movie The Nymphomaniac. Asked how girlfriend Karolyn Pho reacted to the news her boyfriend would sleep with other people for real for the role, LaBeouf basically replied, ‘Meh.’ He explained: ‘I have ethics, I’m not completely out of my mind. But I don’t think there’s anything wrong with sex. Sex is beautiful if it’s done right. And I wouldn’t just do it for no reason. Sex is different than love.’ However, sources say she’s not thrilled: ‘They’ve been on the rocks ever since Shia agreed to star in The Nymphomaniac,’ a source tells RadarOnline.com ‘Karolyn gets that Shia likes to go method and appreciates his artistic integrity. However, she thinks performing a real sex scene in a movie is going too far. It’s difficult for her to understand why it can’t be simulated, just like in other films. She wants him to do the film, because Shia was desperate to work with Lars; he’s such a hero of his. And she doesn’t mind if he strips off completely; she had no qualms about the Sigur Ros music video. But Karolyn doesn’t want him having sex with somebody else, simple. She’s begged Shia to ask Lars if it’s possible to make the scenes appear real, rather than shoot them real.’ There’s more below from his USA Today interview where he talks about being method enough to drop acid for a role and sending the casting people photos of his penis to cast body doubles.
- On dropping acid for The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman: ‘There’s a way to do an acid trip like Harold & Kumar, and there’s a way to be on acid. What I know of acting, Sean Penn actually strapped up to that (electric) chair in Dead Man Walking. These are the guys that I look up to.’
- On preparing for The Nymphomaniac: He just received a request to send the production office photos of his nether regions for body doubles. ‘I framed the e-mail,’ he says.
- On whether he has rules about his method: ‘There are rules,’ he says, reached by consensus with the director. He would not take on an experience like The Nymphomaniac without considering his girlfriend, Karolyn Pho. ‘I have ethics, I’m not completely out of my mind. But I don’t think there’s anything wrong with sex. Sex is beautiful if it’s done right. And I wouldn’t just do it for no reason. … Sex is different than love, and there is a separation, and that middle gap is what the movie’s about.’
- On badmouthing the studio system and high profile directors/ producers like Steven Spielberg: ‘All I’m really trying to say in the most politically sensible way is, ‘Thank you so much for giving me the opportunities, I would just like to make movies about people now.’ That’s it.’
- On whether the money and fame from Transformers was worth it: ‘If I could give the money back and get all the credibility in the world that I’m seeking, I would do it tomorrow,’ he says. ‘In a heartbeat.’
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Johnny Depp As Tonto on the Cover of Rolling Stone
- Rihanna Did That Thing With Her Crotch Again, Also Smacked Fan With The Mic
- Here Are Some Photos of Demi Moore to Remind You She Exists
- Amy Adams Doesn’t Want to be Perfect Anyway Because It Isn’t ‘Interesting’
- Kimmode’s Cervix Got The Re-Shoot It’s Been Waiting For
- Katie Price Wore Whatever This Is To Promote Whatever She’s Promoting
- Russell Brand Dumped Katy Perry By Text Message
- Photos of The Breaking Amish: LA Cast Because That’s A Thing