Shakira used to have low self-esteem and didn’t love her curves. The singer admitted that she wished away her figure, along with her hips, and curly hair.
She said: “All through my twenties I spent more time worrying what I didn’t have than thinking about what I did have. I wished I was taller, had longer legs, slimmer hips, a smaller bottom, even straighter hair”, she added. “I’m just like all women – we’re born to criticise ourselves.” Shakira described her therapy as “incredibly liberating” and praised her therapist for allowing her to “not feel pressured”. [AOL Eleven Celebrity]
Shakira says she feels better about herself now. Thank heavens. We’d never have been treated to the eye-raping horrors of her humping speaker boxes, if she hadn’t gotten over her issues. Pictures below show Shakira as she waves to fans by her midtown hotel in New York City, New York on January 22, 2010.
Image credit to CWNY/Fame Pictures. Story & quote NOTW, AOL Eleven.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Amanda Bynes Was Arrested For Doing Weed, Taken For Psychiatric Evaluation
- Liam Hemsworth Left His Mistress Alone Long Enough to Make Out with His Fiancee
- LeAnn Rimes Decided To Sleep With A Married Man And ‘Ask God For Forgiveness’ After the Fact
- January Jones Is Still Holding Out On Us
- Lindsay Lohan Tried To Have Her Dealer Deliver Drugs To Betty Ford
- Princess Kanye Skipped Town The Second Kimmode Arrived