A few weeks ago, Shakira’s piece Gerard Piqué pranked his Twitter followers by claiming that a baby had come out of the singer a few weeks early. Which would have been hilarious if it were actually hilarious and if everyone knew the dates of every international ‘April Fool’s Day.’ But the baby was in there until this week because Shakira made an actual announcement on her website. Confirming the baby’s birth date, birth weight, the name, the name’s meaning, and the name’s etymology and pronunciation, this is the announcement that reads like it was pasted from People.com or someone who’s never even met the couple.
We are happy to announce the birth of Milan Piqué Mebarak, son of Shakira Mebarak and Gerard Piqué, born January 22nd at 9:36pm, in Barcelona, Spain. The name Milan (pronounced MEE-lahn), means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification. Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth. The hospital confirmed that the couple’s first child weighed approximately 6lbs. 6 ounces, and that both mother and child are in excellent health. [via Shakira's official website]
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Farrah Abraham Mocking Catelynn Lowell’s Weight
- WTF?! Kimmode Is Still Torturing Her Feet
- Lindsay Lohan Remembers How Delicious Food Is Now Her Adderall’s Been Taken Away
- Falkor: Flowers Make Up For That Time I Slept With Your Husband, Right?
- Princess Kanye Is Going To Run Away From Home The Second The Baby Is Born
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Want To Be On Kris Jenner’s Talk Show?