Scarlett Johansson gave a couple of whiny interviews this weekend. The first where she bemoaned the role of sexy, pretty ingenue because she’s the spinstery age of 27 and therefore too old to play a convincing seductress. She was interviewed by USA Today and asked her feelings on her media image. She had one complaint, her name. More specifically, the portmanteau of her first and surname. Asked about the ‘ScarJo’ moniker, she replied: ‘It’s a laziness. People can’t actually say the whole name? It’s just bizarre…. like, ‘DaDay’? So Cate Blanchett is not, like, ‘CaBla’? Why is that? Why do I have to get stuck? If I hear somebody say that, I know I don’t know them at all.’ So, indirectly comparing her star to those of CaBla and DaDay, Johansson also indirectly threatens your life if you ever shorten her name. Which is the point, she has a LONG-A$$ name. That’s why it’s shortened to something cutesy. And it’s easier to spell. Meh. There are a few more pretentious gems in her interview that I tucked below.
- She’s earned the right to never ride the subway with peasants again: ‘For me, it’s like, I used up all my subway tokens. It’s a privilege to not have to take the subway. I like the subway. It gets you places fast, but I’d rather hail a cab. Or walk.’
- She’s above this tabloid ‘garbage’: ‘The hardest part is actually going through whatever hardship you’re facing. Going through it in public is the added unfortunate thing. There’s nothing you can do about that. One of the best things I learned this year was to not read any tabloid, gossipy, you know, garbage. It really keeps you on the straight and narrow. And while some of it kind of leaks in occasionally, it’s really nice to not know what crazy stories [are circulating]. [When random hook-ups are mentioned] I’m like, ‘What? Really? When did that come out?’ It’s just nice to have kind of a blinder up in that regard. It helps keep you sane. I can’t follow all that stuff. It’s too exhausting. Unless it’s something that’s violently awful, I think it’s better to just let it go. You just have to kind of let it slide. Otherwise, you’re, like, in the midst of it, like a frenzy.’
- She’s too good to ape Marilyn Monroe… except every D&G shoot used the imagery and she’s often still styled that way: ‘There’s a lot there to explore, and I like to watch other people do it, but I have no interest [in playing Monroe on film]. It’s lovely to be compared to somebody as sort of effervescent and charming and fragile and I think kind of an underrated actor, really… you know, beautiful and everything. But it’s never been one for me.’
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Farrah Abraham Mocking Catelynn Lowell’s Weight
- WTF?! Kimmode Is Still Torturing Her Feet
- Lindsay Lohan Remembers How Delicious Food Is Now Her Adderall’s Been Taken Away
- Falkor: Flowers Make Up For That Time I Slept With Your Husband, Right?
- Princess Kanye Is Going To Run Away From Home The Second The Baby Is Born
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Want To Be On Kris Jenner’s Talk Show?