Anne Hathaway will probably win an Academy of Try Award for trying for 10 minutes in the Les Miserables role that nearly went to Scarlet Johansson. Clearly wanting the award more than she wants to take her next breath, but still pretending to be over it, Hathaway tells People.com, ‘Whatever happens in two weeks, happens. It won’t be the worst thing that happens to me if I don’t win, and with my husband by my side it won’t be the best thing either. So I am feeling very good about whatever.’ But what nearly happened was Scarlett Johansson’s breasts making the Les Mis Oscar campaign tolerable in a manner Hathaway’s biscuit could not. Johansson tells Broadway.com, she auditioned for the role that went to Hathawa, ‘I sang my little heart out.’ She says she wasn’t nervous at all in the audition, ‘No, are you kidding? The jazz hands kid inside me was just over the moon!’ But she didn’t get the role, ‘I auditioned with laryngitis,’ she explained. ‘I did everything I could to, like, not have laryngitis. [But] I think, looking at the film now, there’s no possible way I ever could have topped that performance,’ she admitted. ’It was perfect and I think fateful and meant to be.’
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Farrah Abraham Mocking Catelynn Lowell’s Weight
- WTF?! Kimmode Is Still Torturing Her Feet
- Lindsay Lohan Remembers How Delicious Food Is Now Her Adderall’s Been Taken Away
- Falkor: Flowers Make Up For That Time I Slept With Your Husband, Right?
- Princess Kanye Is Going To Run Away From Home The Second The Baby Is Born
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Want To Be On Kris Jenner’s Talk Show?