It’s still 1980 on the cover of W Magazine September ’2012′ for which Penelope Cruz is being windswept back to the future while wearing a turtleneck. The cover’s even prettier than it looked in the preview photo because the preview photo was also taken in the 80s (Instagram in real life). Inside the issue, the 38-year-old talks about how she approaches comedy since, apparently, Hollywood lets her be beautiful and thoughtful.
- On her first audition: ‘It was for the woman who became my manager and still works with me. She was testing around 300 actors. I was 14 years old, and she had me read a scene from Casablanca, which is impossible to do when you are that age. But my manager asked me if I wanted to work with her, and she sent me on some castings. When I was 16, I got Jamón, Jamón. Of course, I had to lie about my age. And I had to lie to my parents about the content of the script.’
- On the key to being funny: ‘I don’t play comedy as comedy. That would be the biggest trap. I think about the characters and their situations. Then you don’t have to worry where the laugh is going to be. But comedy is harder than drama.’
- On filming death and sex scenes: ‘I don’t like dying. I die in Don’t Move, and I can’t really look at it because it reminds me of my grandmother when she was very old. But sex scenes are very strange. Absurd, really.’
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Farrah Abraham Mocking Catelynn Lowell’s Weight
- WTF?! Kimmode Is Still Torturing Her Feet
- Lindsay Lohan Remembers How Delicious Food Is Now Her Adderall’s Been Taken Away
- Falkor: Flowers Make Up For That Time I Slept With Your Husband, Right?
- Princess Kanye Is Going To Run Away From Home The Second The Baby Is Born
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Want To Be On Kris Jenner’s Talk Show?