Michael Douglas, before he was diagnosed with throat cancer, spoke about his regrets in how he’d parented his eldest son, Cameron. The son who was sentenced to five years in prison for dealing meth. Douglas, whose movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps was supposed to have been released April 23 but was pushed back, gave an interview to Men’s Journal. He spoke about how he wished he’d not put making films over the importance he placed on being a father. Moreover, he wishes he’d learnt from mistakes his own father made with him.
- On his father, Kirk, now 93: “He was a rager early on. He was overworked. He was doing five-plus pictures a year. I just sort of stayed out of his way, but he did the best he could.”
- On repeating Kirk’s mistakes as a young father: “My career was really just getting started and that was my focus, maybe more than it should have been. I was gone more than I should have been.”
- On Cameron’s prison sentence: “I just want to talk to him about what he’s going to accomplish there besides working out and playing on the softball team. What tools is he going to be able to work on?”
Image credit to Fame Pictures. Quotes Men’s Journal via The Huffington Post.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Farrah Abraham Mocking Catelynn Lowell’s Weight
- WTF?! Kimmode Is Still Torturing Her Feet
- Lindsay Lohan Remembers How Delicious Food Is Now Her Adderall’s Been Taken Away
- Falkor: Flowers Make Up For That Time I Slept With Your Husband, Right?
- Princess Kanye Is Going To Run Away From Home The Second The Baby Is Born
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Want To Be On Kris Jenner’s Talk Show?