Using enough words for herself and Eddie Cibrian since he’s been quiet enough to make people forget he cheated on the mother of his children, LeAnn Rimes has given yet another cloying interview in which she pretends to be sad about jumping out of her first marriage. Promoting an album I’m choosing to believe was an excuse for a press tour, rather than the other way around, Rimes says she felt all the feelings about sleeping with a married man. Her interview is below.
- On going to spa-rehab on weekdays only: ‘I went in and took care of myself because I was stressed, I was depressed and anxious, and I didn’t know how to process everything… [my] whole life has been out there for everyone to judge [since I was a kid. Going away was something I really needed to do.’
- On recording another album all about her affair: ‘I think I opened up the can of worms for myself by writing this record,’ she tells Us. ‘There were a lot of things I didn’t even realize I was feeling…I needed to go somewhere and really process all of that stuff.’
- On what she felt about her own cheating: ‘I was feeling all these crazy emotions and feeling terrible about myself and was disgusted by myself and thought I was pathetic,’ she says.
- On feeling pretty pleased with herself these days: ‘Sometimes it takes walking through those tough times to come out the other side stronger and wiser,’ she explains to Us. ‘I’m gonna make mistakes as I move on in life, but that’s who we are, and I’m fortunate that I’ve grown a lot and I’m proud of who I am now…it’s a good place to be.’
- On moving forward: ‘I’m the strongest I’ve ever been,’ she adds. ‘I’m the most honest with myself that I’ve ever been, I’m the most secure I’ve ever been about myself and my family, and I’m the most confident I’ve been in a really long time.’