Lauren Conrad appears to be making some kind of lukewarm comeback to a career based on a long-cancelled reality show featuring Heidi Montag’s 1.0 face. I don’t know to what end, aside from MONIES. Because I’m paying little attention to her promotional trail and interviews. But this one caught my eye only because of its contrast to fellow reality star Kendra Wilkinson’s admission of talentless-ness earlier in the week. Wilkinson was very open about being famous for no reason, saying: ‘I have no talent. I have nothing to offer.’ However Conrad, who phoned-in authorship and a cancelled fashion line, says she’s famous because being followed by cameras and remembering lines for The Hills was hard: ‘It was very frustrating because I almost wanted to send critics my weekly schedule and say, ‘This is my ‘nothing.’ I would film all day, and then I had several other businesses on the side. In the last season I was running a clothing line and writing a novel. I work really, really hard.’ Interview below, along with her shoot.
- On The Hills’ editing/ fabricating: ‘These poor editors have to make something out of nothing sometimes.’
- On how The Hills was scripted: ‘During shooting, the producers would send us quick text messages telling us what to talk about,’ she said. ‘They couldn’t walk through the shot, so they’d just text me, like, ‘Say something quick about this story line.’ That’s why we were always checking our phones!’
- On the famewhore cast, and other celebs: ‘I knew people who called the paparazzi on themselves! Their point of view is ‘They’re going to photograph me anyway, and this way I get paid half of what they make.’ I could never bring myself to do it.’
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Who Wore The Most Revealing Outfit To The Billboard Awards?
- Justin Timberlake Remembered To Pack His Flat Iron & More Photos From Cannes
- Princess Kanye Should Have Called His New Album ‘The Princess Kanye Diaries’
- Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Aren’t In A Relationship This Week
- Russell Simmons Has Been Uninvited From The Carter’s Christmas Party
- Courtney Stodden’s Mother Probably Contrived The Sex Tape