Since the shootings last week (there were a BUNCH, right, it wasn’t even one incident in one town?) people have been suitably testy about things like mindless gun crime, gun hoarding, and the glamourisation of gun violence. For example, the kind that’s in television shows like the ones that were pulled, postponed, censored, or broadcast with a disclaimer along with a bunch of movies over the weekend because people were still reeling from the mental image of someone harming those little kids. Which is also the reason why Ke$ha’s song Die Young started to tank over the weekend losing millions of listeners on radio and garnering hate mail on Twitter. The lyrics include: ‘Let’s make the most of the night like we’re gonna die young. We’re gonna die young. We’re gonna die young.’ So… yeah. Responding on Twitter to the criticism, she wrote: ‘I had my very own issues with Die Young for this reason. I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO.’ To Lohansplain: her song’s bad and she feels bad but it’s someone else’s fault.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Top 10 Best (Worst?) Celebrity Mug Shots
- Ricky Gervais Does Not Approve of Celebrity Slacktivism
- X Factor Is Counting Coins So It Can Keep the Lights On
- Lindsay Lohan Got Fired By Her Own Dealer Because She Was Taking Too Many Drugs
- Let’s Watch Kimmode Complain About Her Pregnancy Some More in the New KUWTK Trailer
- Amanda Bynes Is Hanging With Paparazzi Now… Doesn’t This Feel Familiar?