Kate Winslet has spoken to Allure magazine about her experiences filming her movie, The Reader.
The 33-year-old actress says that she had to grow out her lady garden, and that ‘cos she had been going bare for so many years she was basically some kind of perverse alopecia sufferer. In fears that she may not be able to re-grow the forest, she was given a pubic wig (called a merkin). However, fears of her bare vag screwing up the feel of the film were misplaced and she had a full crop of hair for the shoot.
“Let me tell you, The Reader was not glamorous for me in terms of body hair maintenance. I had to grow it in, because you can’t have a landing strip in 1950, you know? And then because of years of waxing, it doesn’t come back quite the way it used to. They even made me a merkin because they were so concerned that I might not be able to grow enough.
I said, ‘Guys, I am going to have to draw the line at a pubic wig. But you can shoot my own snatch up close and personal.’” (via MSNBC)
Image credit to Ron Smits/ London Ent/ Splash News.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Top 10 Best (Worst?) Celebrity Mug Shots
- Ricky Gervais Does Not Approve of Celebrity Slacktivism
- X Factor Is Counting Coins So It Can Keep the Lights On
- Lindsay Lohan Got Fired By Her Own Dealer Because She Was Taking Too Many Drugs
- Let’s Watch Kimmode Complain About Her Pregnancy Some More in the New KUWTK Trailer
- Amanda Bynes Is Hanging With Paparazzi Now… Doesn’t This Feel Familiar?