Justin Bieber covers Rolling Stone, as photographed by Uncle Terry Richardson (whose molester lens seems to be shooting everyone’s covers this month). For some reason, Rolling Stone decided to go with the byline ‘Justin Bieber: Super Boy.’ Thank you, but no. Can we wait until he’s this side of his mother’s womb before we start absent-mindedly heaping on praise? If we must, can we address the hair/ jacket/ attempt at a bad boy scowl. It’s like seeing a kitten wearing a leather jacket after having a really crappy day. Or like seeing an infant attempt to scowl, but they’re really only copying emotion they read on someone else’s face. Because, well, how hard can their day have been? There are some interesting quotes in the interview. Admittedly, I’m playing fast-and-loose with the word ‘interesting.’ We learn that his computer wallpaper is a picture of himself and his girlfriend, 18-year-old Selena Gomez, against an orange sunset. And that he believes in abstinence. Or at least preaching it to others, ‘I don’t think you should have sex with anyone unless you love them. I think you should just wait for the person you’re in love with.’ Oh, he makes an admirable effort to discuss things like politics the douche interviewer asks him. And, though I’m not mad at him for his answer, he seems to regurgitate something about being pro-life and then can’t quite reconcile what should happen in cases of rape (not that one would expect him to form a coherent argument). He comes out with something that sounds dangerously like, ‘Oh well, rape happens. It’s all part of God’s plan. Suck it up.’ His actual comment, if you’re interested, is below in context. Read his interview snippets and see a behind-the-scenes video below.
- On sex before marriage: ‘I don’t think you should have sex with anyone unless you love them,’ Bieber says. When asked if he believes in abstinence until marriage, Bieber, who is reportedly dating fellow teen star Selena Gomez, seems wary. ‘I think you should just wait for the person you’re…in love with.’
- On never planning on becoming an American citizen (he’s Canadian): ‘You guys are evil,’ he says with a laugh. ‘Canada’s the best country in the world. We go to the doctor and we don’t need to worry about paying him, but here, your whole life, you’re broke because of medical bills. My bodyguard’s baby was premature, and now he has to pay for it. In Canada, if your baby’s premature, he stays in the hospital as long as he needs to, and then you go home.’
- On what political party he’d support if he were old enough to vote: ‘I’m not sure about the parties,’ Bieber says. ‘But whatever they have in Korea, that’s bad.’
- On whether he has an opinion on abortion: ‘I really don’t believe in abortion,’ Bieber says. ‘It’s like killing a baby?’ In cases of rape? ‘Um. Well, I think that’s really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I guess I haven’t been in that position, so I wouldn’t be able to judge that.’
Justin Bieber Rolling Stone Magazine cover photo shoot with Terry Richardson.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Johnny Depp As Tonto on the Cover of Rolling Stone
- Rihanna Did That Thing With Her Crotch Again, Also Smacked Fan With The Mic
- Here Are Some Photos of Demi Moore to Remind You She Exists
- Amy Adams Doesn’t Want to be Perfect Anyway Because It Isn’t ‘Interesting’
- Kimmode’s Cervix Got The Re-Shoot It’s Been Waiting For
- Katie Price Wore Whatever This Is To Promote Whatever She’s Promoting
- Russell Brand Dumped Katy Perry By Text Message
- Photos of The Breaking Amish: LA Cast Because That’s A Thing