Julianne Moore covers InStyle UK May 2011 as part of the promotion for her portrayal as Hillary Clinton. I was just at the grocery store and I saw this cover, and so I wanted to get it up before the week was out. It shows Moore, 50, yes, really, with that skin, pose in a series of increasingly-elegant images for which she’s immaculately styled. She’s also a mother-of-two… how’d you like them apples? Her interview’s basically a c&p of the interview she did for Allure back in October of last year, in which she talked about her ageing in Hollywood and how many slain virgins were needed to maintain that youthful glow. Her interview’s below, as are the other photos from her shoot. I’ve read a bunch of people’s posts on this cover, and no one else seems to have noticed the obvious. She’s on the cover of a women’s magazine, in a sheer outfit, with no bra; surely, I’m not the only person who can totally see her whole left nipple through that dress?
- On how she keeps her skin wrinkle-free: ‘I say this to every young person I know,’ Moore shared. ‘Stay out of the sun. I have very fair skin and it would have been super-damaged. I always wear sunscreen and I walk on the shady side of the street.’
- On what point she feels her sexiest: ‘I think you need to be away from your children… Doing the mommy stuff does sort of squash that area of your life… I can feel that way when I’m alone with Bart or when we take a trip. But the day-to-day of picking up kids and going to the eye doctor and then dropping them off at basketball and then going to the middle school concert, that stuff doesn’t make you feel very sexy. That was my day yesterday.’
- On which decade of fashion she loves and loathes: ‘I don’t like Fifties clothes. I wear them in movies, or they appear on the runway, ladylike waists and all that. I’m like, ‘No,’ I hate them on me, because I have no waist. I go straight up and down. So in my lifetime, I’d have to say the Seventies [are her favourite era].’
- On her favourite comfort food: ‘Dover sole and French fries,’ Moore said of the food she loves to indulge in. ‘It’s really boring, but I’ll be in hotels where I’ll eat that every night. And ice cream.’
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Top 10 Best (Worst?) Celebrity Mug Shots
- Ricky Gervais Does Not Approve of Celebrity Slacktivism
- X Factor Is Counting Coins So It Can Keep the Lights On
- Lindsay Lohan Got Fired By Her Own Dealer Because She Was Taking Too Many Drugs
- Let’s Watch Kimmode Complain About Her Pregnancy Some More in the New KUWTK Trailer
- Amanda Bynes Is Hanging With Paparazzi Now… Doesn’t This Feel Familiar?