Joseph Gordon-Levitt covers GQ Magazine August 2012 for whom he played nice only to find he got screwed in the final edit. The 31-year-old wants GQ writer Amy Wallace to be fired from life for using the word ‘allegedly’ to discuss how Gordon-Levitt’s brother died in 2010. In response to the claim Burning Dan may have died of a drug overdose, contrary to official reports, JGL posted to Tumblr.
First… I’d like to thank both of the Jims and everyone else at GQ for putting me on the cover of their magazine this month. That kind of exposure is a huge help to all the work I love to do, and I’m deeply appreciative. I’m writing this because I have a problem with what their article says about my brother. I’ll be honest, it made me feel terrible.
Here’s a quote: ‘…the elder Gordon-Levitt died of an alleged drug overdose in 2010. ‘It was an accident’ is all Joe will say about that.’
Using the word ‘alleged’ technically allows the writer to say whatever she wants. The ‘allegations’ to which she must be referring were made by a handful of gossip websites. They are factually incorrect according to the coroner’s office and the police department. I don’t like publicly speaking about my brother’s death, but I’m making an exception to correct this irresponsible claim. By the way, while I asked the writer not to dwell on how he died, I did say quite a bit about how he lived, and how much he means to me. Dan was a brightly positive, genuinely caring, and brilliantly inspiring person, and I liked the idea of such a wide readership learning about him. My parents and I are disappointed with what the article chose to focus on regarding this sensitive subject. thanks J [via JGL's Tumblr]
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Johnny Depp As Tonto on the Cover of Rolling Stone
- Rihanna Did That Thing With Her Crotch Again, Also Smacked Fan With The Mic
- Here Are Some Photos of Demi Moore to Remind You She Exists
- Amy Adams Doesn’t Want to be Perfect Anyway Because It Isn’t ‘Interesting’
- Kimmode’s Cervix Got The Re-Shoot It’s Been Waiting For
- Katie Price Wore Whatever This Is To Promote Whatever She’s Promoting
- Russell Brand Dumped Katy Perry By Text Message
- Photos of The Breaking Amish: LA Cast Because That’s A Thing