Jessica Biel covers Elle January 2013 with bangs even though it seems she might retired those in 2012. Inside the issue, the 30-year-old says that she totally understands marriage because Justin Timberlake inviting you to the wedding of Justin Timberlake during which you become Mrs Justin Timberlake whenever he remembers that you’re there means you always have someone with whom to go swimming. Included is her interview and photo shoot posing with fashion designers (Christian Louboutin, Jean Paul Gaultier, Azzedine Alaïa and Giambattista Valli who designed the pink wedding dress that covered People).
- On what marriage means to her: ‘It means always having someone there to open the pickle jar… to share the ups and downs with, have adventures with. Someone to go swimming naked with. That kind of thing.’
- On Justin Timberlake baking for Justin Timberlake: ‘He bakes pies. He’s Southern, so he’s got all this influence from his grandma. He does a three-layer pie…and blueberry crunch cake, which is pretty unbelievable. It doesn’t happen all that often, thank God. Otherwise, it would be a big problem.’
- On her wedding dress: ‘I wanted the dress to be very romantic and feminine and a shape that I very rarely wear. I have never been crazy about all-white wedding dresses, for me at least. It was a bit of a leap of faith at the time, but it turned out better than I could have ever imagined. [Putting it on], I felt like I had made the right choice. I felt elegant. And it moved like a dream.’
- On the honeymoon being over: ‘Honeymooning is the best thing about being a newlywed. I wish I could honeymoon forever.’
- On her work going forward in 2013: ‘My goal now is to work with great directors. Small role, big role, medium-size role- it doesn’t matter. I just want to work with someone who’s going to push me to a scary, exciting place that I’ve never been before.’