Jeff Bridges covers the May 2011 issue of Esquire, the same issue for which Heather Morris sports a lopsided poof. This is the magazine’s ‘Music Issue,’ making him something of a weird choice (considering they could have chosen anyone). But according to the magazine, ‘this year, he’s going to concentrate on making music rather than movies.’ I think the interview was given a pretty long time ago and the introduction dates the rest of the piece horribly, ‘Just a few days ago, a long way from here, Bridges stood under lights at the Oscars and introduced the nominees for best actress… Bridges might have had reason to be twice nervous, because he’d also been nominated for his own turn in True Grit, but he looked happy and comfortable.’ It’s a long, flattering profile of Bridges in which he talks about being into music and his career-to-date. Oh, and the 61-year-old’s so magnificent, his hair and farts are documented in the same piece. I’m actual not kidding. I can’t make this stuff up. ‘His magnificent head of pewter hair is swept back off his lined forehead, carrying down past the back of his neck in waves,’ wrote the magazine of his appearance. ‘He shivers and squeezes out a fart, because that s**t is poison, man, and it’s better out than in.’
Bridges signed a record deal with EMI’s Blue Note. His album’s out in Summer.
- On choosing to live inside the recording studio he’s built next to his old garage and sing: ‘I am taking advantage of the opportunity [to do music],’ he says, smiling with his eyes and his mouth. He smiles a lot. It’s his default expression. ‘Now’s the perfect time for me to do something like this.’
- On his thought process: ‘If some crazy idea stays in my head for long enough, then there’s no fighting it,’ he says. ‘I just say, Okay, let’s go. Let’s do this.’
- On his life’s philosophy: ‘We’re here for such a short period of time,’ he says. ‘Live like you’re already dead, man. Have a good time. Do your best. Let it all come ripping right through you.’
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Farrah Abraham Mocking Catelynn Lowell’s Weight
- WTF?! Kimmode Is Still Torturing Her Feet
- Lindsay Lohan Remembers How Delicious Food Is Now Her Adderall’s Been Taken Away
- Falkor: Flowers Make Up For That Time I Slept With Your Husband, Right?
- Princess Kanye Is Going To Run Away From Home The Second The Baby Is Born
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Want To Be On Kris Jenner’s Talk Show?