Jared Leto ate his feelings in 2007 to play Mark David Chapman in J.P. Schaefer’s Chapter 27 and before that he ate nothing at all to play a heroin addict in Requiem for a Dream. And he’s basically eating nothing again because of course and because eyebrows and body fat are replaceable. Leto says he only signed on to the Dallas Buyers Club a few weeks ago and he basically started fasting the day he got the part. He tells Vulture: ‘I’m playing a transsexual woman. I didn’t get involved in the project until a few weeks ago, three and a half weeks ago. Your body goes through weird stages [when you're fasting]. Sometimes it’s hard to hold on to water. But for me, it’s not about the most weight I can lose, it’s more to represent the character. I’m focused on what it means to be a transsexual woman… Historically, people have done [fasting] for pursuit of self, to achieve a meditative state, so I’m hoping for that, and not the other things. It’s not necessarily a bad thing.’ Included are photos of the actor taken in Uncle Terry’s basement yesterday for which I believe we’re supposed to scour for clues while altering the authorities.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Top 10 Best (Worst?) Celebrity Mug Shots
- Ricky Gervais Does Not Approve of Celebrity Slacktivism
- X Factor Is Counting Coins So It Can Keep the Lights On
- Lindsay Lohan Got Fired By Her Own Dealer Because She Was Taking Too Many Drugs
- Let’s Watch Kimmode Complain About Her Pregnancy Some More in the New KUWTK Trailer
- Amanda Bynes Is Hanging With Paparazzi Now… Doesn’t This Feel Familiar?