Heather Morris of Glee covers the June issue of Women’s Health wearing an outfit that can’t make up its mind. It was either really sunny or really windy in the studio when these photos were being taken. Or Women’s Health is taking its styling tips from Shape. Morris is a professional dancer who stood behind Beyonce during most of the early I Am Sasha Fierce performances. She was only hired for Glee because the producers wanted her to teach the cast the Single Ladies dance. They liked her enough to offer her a role and she’s still there, building on her success with Fondue For Two (my favourite non-existent show).
- On her Glee character, Brittany S. Pierce: ‘I’m exactly like Brittany; I love to dance, I like to have fun. I want to make everybody laugh.’
- On her future: ‘In ten years I see myself married and I want to do a film; maybe play a completely different character than I play on Glee. I really hope I have a future in comedy; it’s the most fun.’
- On why her boyfriend isn’t a fan of her on-screen kissing scenes: ‘He just doesn’t like watching me kiss other people. It doesn’t matter if it’s Artie [Kevin McHale] or Santana [Naya Rivera].’
- On working on Glee: ‘I don’t want to be famous; I’m doing this because I want to perform.’
- On the Glee cast members she’s closest with: ‘The more storylines I have with certain characters the closer I get with them. I got a lot closer with Kevin [who plays Artie] recently because we have a lot of scenes together; and Jenna [who plays Tina] also.’
- On staying fit: ‘The secret behind my fabulous legs? Eat a lot of goldfish! Do whatever you like to do, eat how you want to eat but just make sure you stay [active]. I take a lot of exercise cardio classes; I do tons of squats.’