Well done him…
Good Dad Pitt has donated $100K to the fight against California’s Proposition 8, which aims to overturn the Supreme Court decision making same-sex marriage legal in the state.
According to Yahoo News:
Political strategist Chad Griffin, who is coordinating efforts in the entertainment industry to defeat the measure, added, “It is our hope that others in the entertainment industry will step up and match Brad Pitt’s heroic commitment to quality and defeating Prop. 8. This isn’t a special interest issue – this measure affects every business and every family. With California’s budget and the national economy in chaos, the last thing we need is an unnecessary measure that threatens health benefits and protections for children.”
“No one has the right to deny another their life, even though they disagree with it, because everyone has the right to live the life they so desire if it doesn’t harm another and because discrimination has no place in America, my vote will be for equality and against Proposition 8,” Pitt said on Wednesday.
More than just donating money, Pitt is using his name to help others – and help he will. For more information or to contribute, visit VoteNoOnProposition8.com.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Farrah Abraham Mocking Catelynn Lowell’s Weight
- WTF?! Kimmode Is Still Torturing Her Feet
- Lindsay Lohan Remembers How Delicious Food Is Now Her Adderall’s Been Taken Away
- Falkor: Flowers Make Up For That Time I Slept With Your Husband, Right?
- Princess Kanye Is Going To Run Away From Home The Second The Baby Is Born
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Want To Be On Kris Jenner’s Talk Show?