This is the scene from this week’s Glee that upset some conservative groups.
No one would have predicted that a show with openly gay and bisexual characters, characters open in their sexual orientations since the first season, would p**s off a bunch of repressed homophobes. Perhaps that language is a little strong. Every one’s entitled to their own opinion. They’re not ‘repressed homophobes’. They’re ‘mildly annoyed homophobes expressing an opinion with which I do not agree’. There. Fixed. Said group, who go by the name of The Conservative Media Research Center, are mildly annoyed about the gay neck-nuzzling and reference to ‘scissoring’, that even threw me for a second, on this week’s episode of Glee. I watched the episode and saw the girl-on-girl action that got everyone talking. It was a few seconds and both girls were fully dressed.
It was more neck kissing than making-out. Then Santana Lopez says ‘It’s a nice change from all that scissoring’ (a non geo-blocked video of the scene can be watched at the Jezebel review of this week’s show). For those who don’t know of the phrase or where the band Scissor Sisters got their name… you’re going to have to look it up, as I don’t know how to describe it without using obscene hand gestures to demonstrate. The show airs at 8PM and seems to have hit a nerve. Probably with parents who had to explain scissoring to confused children watching the show. It was called ‘a disgusting gay teen sex romp’ by the same group.
Dan Gainor, VP of Business and Culture at the Conservative Media Research Center, says based on this latest episode the shows creator, Ryan Murphy, ‘spends his days fantasizing about teen girls scissoring on the bed in what the media tell us is a family-friendly show.’ It should be noted that this comment is on the hilarious side of inflammatory as, if nothing else, Murphy is openly gay.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Johnny Depp As Tonto on the Cover of Rolling Stone
- Rihanna Did That Thing With Her Crotch Again, Also Smacked Fan With The Mic
- Here Are Some Photos of Demi Moore to Remind You She Exists
- Amy Adams Doesn’t Want to be Perfect Anyway Because It Isn’t ‘Interesting’
- Kimmode’s Cervix Got The Re-Shoot It’s Been Waiting For
- Katie Price Wore Whatever This Is To Promote Whatever She’s Promoting
- Russell Brand Dumped Katy Perry By Text Message
- Photos of The Breaking Amish: LA Cast Because That’s A Thing