I couldn’t be bothered to take a break from picking the leftover meth out of my teeth, and go blog about this properly. To be frank, someone coming out as gay shouldn’t be news. I don’t like to blog about this too much, as it purpetuates some stereotypes I take issue with. Also, it furthers the notion that coming out should be a big/ negative deal. It isn’t. As I said in the comments on this link post, “Water is wet”. Yeah. This guy being gay is not news. GLAAD commenting on his coming out is almost news; well, at least news with more of a positive spin. No, I’m not going soft. Rather than being snide, I’d rather inject some positivity into what is already sarcastic commentary on Ricky Martin’s sexuality.
In a statement GLAAD President Jarrett Barrios says [of Martin being gay], “When someone like Ricky Martin comes out, hundreds of millions of people now have a cultural connection with an artist, a celebrity and, perhaps most importantly, a father who happens to be gay. His decision to model this kind of openness and honesty can lead to greater acceptance for countless gay people in the U.S., in Latin America and worldwide.”
So, there you have it. Water is wet, Martin is gay, and meth makes me nicer.
Three pictures below show Ricky Martin arriving at the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards held at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California on January 31, 2010.
Image credit to Target/FAME Pictures. Quote GLAAD, WENN, Starpulse.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Amanda Bynes Was Arrested For Doing Weed, Taken For Psychiatric Evaluation
- Liam Hemsworth Left His Mistress Alone Long Enough to Make Out with His Fiancee
- LeAnn Rimes Decided To Sleep With A Married Man And ‘Ask God For Forgiveness’ After the Fact
- January Jones Is Still Holding Out On Us
- Lindsay Lohan Tried To Have Her Dealer Deliver Drugs To Betty Ford
- Princess Kanye Skipped Town The Second Kimmode Arrived