Eva Longoria looks a little like Cheryl Cole in some pictures for the April 2011 issue of Allure. I don’t mean the despondent cover of the actress standing in a depressing wind tunnel, with an oddly-airbrushed eye area and lazily ajar mouth, I mean the above. That’s an image I saw and genuinely wondered how Cole scored an American Allure cover before I realised at whom I was actually looking. Aside from her transformation into someone else with a cheating ex-husband, Longoria stars in a fairly lengthy shoot and gives an interview about moving on from her divorce. It’s a pretty boring interview, but it’s below for those who like rehashed quotes about marriages that broke down and ended moths ago. The 36-year-old’s pretty in the handful of photos she’s identifiable as herself though.
- On how women have helped her through her divorce: ‘You know, some people collect plates and stamps and coins. I collect people; I collect amazing, smart, interesting women.’
- On her life post-divorce: ‘I’m kind of having to find new patterns because I’m not used to having… I’m used to always being on a plane and flying to a basketball game… It’s been… every time I talk about it, I want to cry. It’s been hard. Very hard. I’m just trying to get through it as gracefully as possible without any drama.’
- On her next phase in life: ‘I’m in a transition stage, settling into a new routine, and I welcome it.’
- On being racy in past interviews: ‘It’s hard for me to censor myself, because I like to be honest and free and say exactly what I’m thinking or feeling. Unfortunately, so many things are taken out of context, and [now] I’m a little more cautious about what I say.’
- On being proud of Desperate Housewives: ‘Desperate Housewives was groundbreaking for Latinos in television because the Solises were the richest people on the block and they’re Mexican.’
- On her first job: ‘My first job ever was at Wendy’s. I still remember the order to put things on the burger: mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles, onions, tomato, lettuce, mustard. Would you like some fries with that?’