I guess they weren’t accepting crack babies… Courtney Love revealed on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Thursday, that she failed to get onto Disney’s Mickey Mouse Club as a child. For her audition in front of the show’s casting directors in Seattle, WA Love read a Dorothy Parker poem and a Sylvia Plath poem about incest. I’m not kidding. She didn’t know what the poems were about at the time. She was 10-years-old and auditioned under the name Coco Rodriguez; Rodriguez is her stepfather’s name and she disliked her first name. See her discuss it on Kimmel.
The ambitious pre-teen sent off photos and landed the chance to perform for the show’s casting directors in Seattle, Washington. The same bosses who helped to make Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera stars turned her down, but Love insists she was ahead of her time. She adds, “There’s gonna be a new Mouseketeer Club one day (and) there’s gonna be a goth kid in there with little chipped black nails, and a hat on… I was 30-something years ahead of my time.” [Starpulse]
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Farrah Abraham Mocking Catelynn Lowell’s Weight
- WTF?! Kimmode Is Still Torturing Her Feet
- Lindsay Lohan Remembers How Delicious Food Is Now Her Adderall’s Been Taken Away
- Falkor: Flowers Make Up For That Time I Slept With Your Husband, Right?
- Princess Kanye Is Going To Run Away From Home The Second The Baby Is Born
- Why Doesn’t Anyone Want To Be On Kris Jenner’s Talk Show?