Trailer #2 for Cher, Christina Aguilera and Stanley Tucci’s new movie, Burlesque.
This felt like the trailers for every musical-where-the-plucky-girl’s-dreams-come-true-at-the-end got together for a mid-week orgy and shat out this bastard child of a trailer. I saw this some time last night and I ignored it. It was promptly forgotten until I tripped over it again, today. Out of morbid curiosity, hoping that it wouldn’t be as cliche-riddled as it is, I watched the trailer above. Click to play and be sure to select HD viewing. You’ll see what I mean. It’s some kind of weird Save The Last Dance, Make It Happen, Moulin Rouge, Showgirls, Chicago-type hybrid making shrieky, nasal, wooden love to Cher and Christina Aguilera. Cher is on form. Aguilera is doing a decent impression of someone learning how to act. She also (gleefully) looks five years younger in less make-up and that longer wig.
There’s something in there about her getting the guy, beating the odds, and proving wrong her detractors. But not before she buys a one way ticket to Hollywood. Yes, really. Trailer #1 leaked online August 5, and others noticed the movie’s faults even then. This’ll taste better if consumed with a side of Pop Tarts. The movie is released November 24. Its promotional pictures are below.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Top 10 Best (Worst?) Celebrity Mug Shots
- Ricky Gervais Does Not Approve of Celebrity Slacktivism
- X Factor Is Counting Coins So It Can Keep the Lights On
- Lindsay Lohan Got Fired By Her Own Dealer Because She Was Taking Too Many Drugs
- Let’s Watch Kimmode Complain About Her Pregnancy Some More in the New KUWTK Trailer
- Amanda Bynes Is Hanging With Paparazzi Now… Doesn’t This Feel Familiar?