Despite her disastrous appearance at last year’s show (see below) and cries that she had been exploited in exchange for better ratings, Spears gave the network another chance.
She shot the spot on Tuesday at the Paramount lot in Hollywood (the site of this year’s show) with first-time host, British bad-boy comedian and Forgetting Sarah Marshall star Russell Brand.
“It was mostly ad-libbed, with Russell asking her for advice about hosting the show,” a source tells me. “There’s also a 9,000-pound elephant in it, as in ‘the elephant in the room.’ “
A clip of the last time Spears took the MTV stage can be seen below (for those who don’t have those awful images burnt into your brain).
[Image owned by MTV]
Amy Grindhouse © all rights reserved. When quoting, use excerpts with attribution only.
Like this post? If so, make sure you don’t miss out. Get free daily updates here.
Please leave a comment and have your say. No registration or name required.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Who Wore The Most Revealing Outfit To The Billboard Awards?
- Justin Timberlake Remembered To Pack His Flat Iron & More Photos From Cannes
- Princess Kanye Should Have Called His New Album ‘The Princess Kanye Diaries’
- Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Aren’t In A Relationship This Week
- Russell Simmons Has Been Uninvited From The Carter’s Christmas Party
- Courtney Stodden’s Mother Probably Contrived The Sex Tape