Amy Winehouse’s ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil had to be put into a medically-induced coma this week following a drink and drugs binge that led to multiple organ failure. This is the guy, if you recall, who filmed Winehouse taking narcotics during their marriage and sold it to the tabloids and then while in jail traded private photos for commissary. And he’s the guy generally blamed for getting her addicted in the first place. Fielder-Civil, 30, was found choking in bed by his girlfriend (and mother to his 15-month-old son) Sarah Aspin last Friday. Soon after which he was was rushed to hospital where he was put on life support. Paramedics at the scene said Fielder-Civil swallowed his tongue, choked on his vomit, and his left lung was not working. Aspin offers further details: ‘The doctors say they don’t know the prognosis. They said they put him in a coma to help him and due to infection… They let me in to hold his hand after 45 minutes. I found out later that they did that because they thought he was going to die.’ Mitch Winehouse, Amy’s father, tweeted: ‘Terrible news about Blake this morning. Remember Amy loved him. Let’s pray for his recovery. Mitch.’ But Fielder-Civil is showing some signs of improvement today, ‘waking up’ several times.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Top 10 Best (Worst?) Celebrity Mug Shots
- Ricky Gervais Does Not Approve of Celebrity Slacktivism
- X Factor Is Counting Coins So It Can Keep the Lights On
- Lindsay Lohan Got Fired By Her Own Dealer Because She Was Taking Too Many Drugs
- Let’s Watch Kimmode Complain About Her Pregnancy Some More in the New KUWTK Trailer
- Amanda Bynes Is Hanging With Paparazzi Now… Doesn’t This Feel Familiar?