Beyonce has spoken about the Billboard performance that’s causing a mini-scandal. It has been pretty widely reported that Beyonce lifted most of her Billboard Music Awards 2011 performance of Run The World (Girls) from a year-old performance that has since gone viral online. I stayed away from those reports for the most part because, honestly, even serial-plagiarist Beyonce’s not dense enough to lift a performance this literally. Moreover, I found out the same time the performances were created by the same technical team. According to The Daily Mail, ‘the video for Beyonce’s Billboard act was created by Kenzo Digital while the overall production was staged by Tribe Inc.’ Speaking to AOL Music about the comparisons and allegations of theft from a 2010 performance by Italian singer Lorella Cuccarini, Beyonce explains, ‘My makeup artist showed me the performance of Lorella Cuccarini a year ago, and it inspired me so much… I then met with the talented people who worked on it. The technology and concept were so genius. Thank God for YouTube or I would have never been exposed to something so inspiring. I never worked so hard on anything in my life as that performance for the Billboard Awards.’ It’s also noted by Jezebel.com that most of Beyonce’s Run The World music video imagery probably was lifted.
Here are some other performances that use similar interaction with a video.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Amanda Bynes Was Arrested For Doing Weed, Taken For Psychiatric Evaluation
- Liam Hemsworth Left His Mistress Alone Long Enough to Make Out with His Fiancee
- LeAnn Rimes Decided To Sleep With A Married Man And ‘Ask God For Forgiveness’ After the Fact
- January Jones Is Still Holding Out On Us
- Lindsay Lohan Tried To Have Her Dealer Deliver Drugs To Betty Ford
- Princess Kanye Skipped Town The Second Kimmode Arrived