Ashlee Simpson and her husband Pete Wentz are the latest in a string of famous faces to support the NoH8 campaign.
The aim of the celebrity-filled campaign is to draw attention to/ overturn the California Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the ban on same-sex unions.
Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz are keeping their mouths shut for gay marriage. The couple are the latest celebs to take part in NOH8, a campaign supporting efforts to overturn Proposition 8. They were shot by photographer Adam Bouska on Monday with the campaign’s signature look: “NOH8″ painted on their cheeks and duct tape over their mouths as a symbol of the pro-gay voices not being heard. Ashlee also holds a wedding veil in the pic. Which other rocker was in the studio with them? Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus also posed for NOH8.
Like the Wentzes, Hoppus took part in the big Hollywood rally and protest shortly after the California Supreme Court upheld the ban on same-sex unions. “My son asked me one time, ‘Some guys have girlfriends and some girls have boyfriends, but do boys sometimes have boyfriends?’ ” Hoppus told us at the rally. “I said, ‘Yeah, all kinds of people love different kinds of people. And that’s the world we live in.’ ” Bouska launched NOH8 with his partner Jeff Parshley in November after the passage of Prop 8. Shanna Moakler and a gaggle of other former beauty queen titleholders posed for the campaign shortly after the Miss California Carrie Prejean controversy erupted in April. (via E! Online)
Visit the NoH8Campaign.com website for more celebrity pictures and videos.
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Photos of The Breaking Amish: LA Cast Because That’s A Thing
- Rihanna Was More Than ‘Two Hours Late’ To A Show This Time
- Ben Affleck Is Actually Kind of Tired of Getting His Wife Pregnant
- Jennifer Lopez Is Not Salma Hayek, Loved Her ‘Weird Jiggly’ Postpartum Belly
- Wyclef Jean Is Producing Amanda Bynes’ First Single
- Brooke Mueller Is Basically Lindsay Lohan, Quit Betty Ford Because Betty Ford Is A Real Rehab
- Chris Brown May or May Not Be Beating Up These Little Girls
- Miley Cyrus Was THIS Close To Being The White Nicki Minaj