Sometimes I hate the name of this magazine (and a few others, like V and VMAN, for that matter). It’s annoying when the actual interview comes out, because I’m too tired to avoid tripping over repeating words. I’m sloppy and dry at 3 a.m. and I don’t feel like writing anything more articulate than ‘Anne Hathaway interviewed by Chelsea Handler for Interview.’ Think of a real name for your magazine, Interview, or GTFO. Okay, her interview’s below and it’s pretty much random. And it’s long and so I’m going to cherry-pick. She talks about her former love of Jersey Shore, Snooki and JWoww in particular, her Oscars flop, and her potential Catwoman flop. Oh, and she’s having sex with lace in her photo shoot.
- On Jersey Shore: ‘I like to watch MTV for escapist pleasure, but when I saw Snooki, I saw my twin… I couldn’t lose myself in the show anymore because there I was… That being said, I think JWoww is amazing. I love JWoww. She’s intense. See, JWoww to me is proper Jersey because she will scrap for a friend… The Situation is totally self-aware. He’s referring to himself as The Situation non-stop… In the episode I saw, his car got towed, and he was like, ‘We’ve got a situation here, and The Situation is the situation.’ I thought the first season of the show was awesome because it was authentic, but I don’t watch it any more because now they know that there’s a camera there.’
- On the British royals: ‘Right now, I’m obsessed with Kate Middleton. Obsessed. I loved the Royal Wedding. I was so cynical going into it, and pseudo-political about the whole thing, but as soon as I saw her I was utterly charmed. I’m just completely enchanted by Kate and William.’
- On Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises: ‘I actually had this moment when I convinced one of the assistant directors on the London portion of the film to get a cat with me, the idea being that we were going to get a kitten from a rescue shelter, and he was going to live with me, and I was going to observe it, and when I left London I was going to give it to her. Then, thankfully, her husband pointed out that that was a terrible idea on so many levels, not least of which being that it would probably be really confusing to the cat. So I turned to YouTube instead and got a National Geographic video on cats… I am still cat-less. My man is allergic to cats, so that decision is made for me.’
- On the Oscars: ‘You know, it’s not like I’d had this big dream to do this thing, and it’s not like I had a set of skills I’d been honing for years and years that I was going to showcase on this night. To me, it seemed like such a random opportunity, and such potential for fun, that I really was enjoying myself completely. It’s actually been very nice because the critical reaction was what it was, but since then … Like, just today, I was sitting, having lunch, and a really nice Canadian couple on vacation with their daughter came up and made a point of saying, ‘We just loved you at the Oscars.’ It’s been so amazing and lovely, the feedback that I’ve been getting even months after the show. But then the other side of it was that I was obviously a little bummed out by the critical response because you work so hard at that. What I never appreciated about any of the hosts was just how much time and work goes into this huge production.’
Related Celebrity Gossip:
Breaking Celebrity News:
- Top 10 Best (Worst?) Celebrity Mug Shots
- Ricky Gervais Does Not Approve of Celebrity Slacktivism
- X Factor Is Counting Coins So It Can Keep the Lights On
- Lindsay Lohan Got Fired By Her Own Dealer Because She Was Taking Too Many Drugs
- Let’s Watch Kimmode Complain About Her Pregnancy Some More in the New KUWTK Trailer
- Amanda Bynes Is Hanging With Paparazzi Now… Doesn’t This Feel Familiar?