Amanda Seyfried covers Glamour March 2012 since she’s shooting one of the two unnecessary, tandem Linda Lovelace biopics. This is a… fitting inteview. But it’s a weird read. But then it’s going to be weird watching one of the Mean Girls deep throat when Lovelace comes out. So, MEH. Asked whether she’s getting around as much as the tabloids would have you believe, Seyfried says ‘LOL, NOPE!’ she’s scared of that idea: ‘I’m terrified of being promiscuous. I don’t like the feeling you get when it’s not something that you truly want to do, and I hate the emotional abuse you give yourself afterward. It’s just uncomfortable when you’re with somebody and you’re like, ‘I don’t really know if I’m even comfortable with this. Why did I? Eww!’ I think dating can come without sex.’ There’s more in the interview about Lovelace pubes and whether she’ll go full-frontal in the movie.
- On watching Deep Throat for the first time: ‘What surprised me is the amount of pubic hair!’
- On whether she’ll go n*de for Lovelace, as movie executives have suggested she would: ‘I’m pretty sure I would never do a full frontal in a movie, for personal reasons, I wouldn’t really want to show that.’
- On her ex-boyfriend, Dominic Cooper: ‘He was my last real boyfriend. We still joke about having kids, like, ‘If it doesn’t work out with other people, we might as well just have a child,’ and there’s a part of that that feels… possible.’
- On babies: She thinks about babies ‘all the time… I feel like the next person I commit to, that’s going to be the guy who I’m going to have kids with. That’s in my crazy female brain. So that’s why I’m like, ‘I can’t commit.”
- On the problem with dating randoms: ‘You learn very quickly what people are so enamored with, and it’s not necessarily me. I think it’s all the bulls**t of the idea of someone who’s famous, which seems more exotic than the fact. You have to be careful whom you date, but I had a great time this Summer. Right now I’m happy to not have someone’s n*ked body around me. Except for my dog’s.’